Helen and Teacher

Helen and Teacher
The Story of my Life

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

For Writers of All Types: Something of Interest

Something on a LinkedIn Discussion group: Neuroscience of poetry Emily SkyePoet and Therapeutic Children's Story WriterTop Contributor This relates strongly to other threads here, but I thought I would separate it out. I just did a very brief search and see there are studies on the difference in our brain activity responding to poetry in comparison to prose, with poetry echoing music (at a glance - I have not read this properly). What I did not find at first glance was research on the process of writing poetry. Have any poets been wired up to see what happens in those moments of inspiration and all the many nuanced ways people here have described creating their poems? Does anyone know anything much about this? Hope it is not too appalling a thought for you - just intrigued

No comments:

Post a Comment