Helen and Teacher

Helen and Teacher
The Story of my Life

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Cool as a Cucumber, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the Common Person

Cucumber Lime Water

I first had this drink New Year's Eve at my friend Angel's.  She is a DC and knows a lot about homeopathy and science of all types.  It is refreshing, and great for acid reflux.  Since I started making it and drinking it, I have had hardly any reflux. It is good for IBS, gall bladder, bloating, and other stomach issues, even those caused by stress and nerves.

Here is the recipe: Sliced fresh strawberries, optional

Fresh sprigs of mint, optional

Sliced orange with peel, optional

Layer the fruit and mint leaves in the bottom of the pitcher.  Cover with about 5 ice cubes.  Pour water to the rim, and let sit in the fridge about an hour so the flavors can blend.  The longer the pitcher is in the fridge, the longer it blends.

Drink as much as you want, and include slices of fruit in your water bottle.  The strawberries sweeten the water.

I change the fruit and cucumbers every couple of days. 

Very nice on a hot day!



No comments:

Post a Comment