Helen and Teacher

Helen and Teacher
The Story of my Life

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Of MMLA and Cincinatti

Cincinatti Museum of Art, photo by Ellen Tsagaris, 2012
I just returned from Cincinatti, where the 54th annual Midwest Modern Language Association Met. I was privileged to give three papers, one on Sara Crewe's Emotional and Financial Debts in A Little Princess, Rumer Godden's Debts to Children's Literature, and Debt as a Vehicle for Comedy and Entrepeneurship in 2 Broke Girls, Sex and the City and American Pickers. I will post papers and bibliographies here and on my other blogs. This was a clean, old world city, almost sparkling. I was through OH years ago, but did not get to spend much time. This time, we visited the Rookwood Pottery Factory and Museum, and the Museum of Art. We went to Findlay Market and literally entered another world, and found a real family owned Deli, and a privately owned Tea Shop. Small businesses abounded; it was really like being in a childgood neighborhood, only the corner stores sold goods from all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment