Helen and Teacher

Helen and Teacher
The Story of my Life

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Dreams are Writing Journals

Friday night I went to bed and slept badly, constantly dreaming about all the things we had discussed at dinner at our favorite Japanese restaurant. The settings were a little different, but the topics and themes, the conflicts were the same. The literature on dream interpretation beginning with the esteemed "Freud - Jung" letter could fill several libraries and databases, yet I'm not about interpretation. I'm about using them as outlines. I think I've come up with whole sagas, and they are worth writing down. Many writers are ahead of me, Coleridge with "Xanadu" and other works, Shakespeare, Lope de Vega, Lorca, they all knew this. The directors of "Twin Peaks" and "The Wizard of Oz" also knew it. Then again, maybe I just dream in short stories. It was in a dream that I sat across from Anne Boleyn in the Tower. She was wearing her head, and she told me to go back to graduate school. So, blame it on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment