Helen and Teacher

Helen and Teacher
The Story of my Life

Thursday, May 16, 2013

What went Wrong on Your Summer Vacation?

Here is a prompt for a memoir, and one that invites photos, scrapbooks, you name it. I can think of a few things, the car breaking down in the desert heat outside Needles, CA, my dad driving around and over London Bridge in Lake Havasu with Killer, our tiny black poodle mix; he got overheated, even in the shade. There was the fender bender in Toronot, the goof up with our passport in Juarez, the colly wobbly tummy in Knotts Berry Farm, but they were good times, all the same, even if we nearly and unwittingly re-enacted A Good Man is Hard to Find! Also, if you watch Retro TV or MeTv, try writing a memoir of the last time you saw a particular tv episode. I have lots of good memroies of where I was and what I was doing. Thse are some ideas to keep everyone writing over the summer. Thanks to all my readers. My new book in metal dolls, pictured here, is nearly in pring, and my noble Wild Horse Runs Free is soon to be on Kindle. Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment