Helen and Teacher

Helen and Teacher
The Story of my Life

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In Six Months, Xmas will be Over and other Small Tragedies

Just my thoughts on how quickly time passes, and though it is warm with a cool breeze today, tomorrw will be icy and snowy. Trite but true. Also trite but true, waiting in the DMV is misery, especially when they made the mistake that hauled you in. I renewed and rejoiced my license by mail, and then never got the updated version. I had to go and wait anyway. "Welcome to the DMV," said the sign, not really. The manager I spoke to turned her back on me and walked away mid sentence. I can't blame them; the atmosphere is both sterile and chaotic, nothing relieves the tedium. No art, save a large straw flower wreath on the happier end dealing with stickers, ugly chairs, ugly colors, no real place to concentrate when taking the test; in short, tired, depressing surroundings with tired, depressed employees. At least it's over. Then I can return to the daily abuse. A quote: "e wo plants a tree plants a hope" by Luc Larcom, a gifted writer who had to work in a mill. If she could do it, I can. No need to feel so much like T. S. Eliot in the bank Another quote: "One touch of nautre makes the whole world kin." William Shakespeare. These make me feel a little better, but not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment