Helen and Teacher

Helen and Teacher
The Story of my Life

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Both of Us

Both of Us is Ryan O'Neal's new memoir about his life with Farrah Fawcett. It goes without saying that much of this book will be a sad story. O'Neal was on The Today Show this morning, which you can find archived on MSNBC.com. He was very sad, and not in good health. The interview was poignant and pathetic, and given all the problems with this children, he seemed a broken man in more ways than one, as if he has reprised his role as Oliver for the worst. Farrah Fawcett fascinated me, and I loved both of them in their sitcom, Good Sports. I wish I could see it again; will try YouTube or Netflix. Enjoy the Read; always looking for suggestions. My memory of the day involves May Day, and the baskets we made of woven construction papers. I wove them for my mother, and filled them with violets. We would leave them at the door, ring the bell, and run. I had a friend who made them and included cloth flowers made of calico and wire. Making bouquets is a lost art; when we were kids, little girsl were full of ideas for flowers and we loved them. We caught bugs and kept them for pets in jars with holes punched in the lids, and then set them free. We couldn't wait to get outside to play circle ball and dodge ball. Does anyone play statues any more? They way everyone is plugged in, will we even have memoirs to write?

No comments:

Post a Comment