Helen and Teacher

Helen and Teacher
The Story of my Life

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Tools of Writing

This morning, I reached for a peace of spiral notebook paper; I carefully pulled of the spiral ridges.  It made me think of how important paper was; theme paper v. notebook paper, lined paper in different colors, quite a collectible in the 70s for kids. Then, printing over cursive, pencil over ink, blue/black ink over Flair pens or markers.


Today,  I still sometimes need the feel of a good No 2 pencil, and find that pencils are a great keepsake, useful ones. Good art pencils are no exception, and I actually write in a day planner/calendar.  I am back to flair pens, remembering when during the late 80s, we wrote our bench memos in different colored pens for the Superior Court judges.


I've always loved notecards and stationery, fancy papers, crayons, typewriters manual and electric.  Many of these are coming back. 


There's just something about them


I won't even start on erasers, pencil cases, and sharpeners.


Happy Writing, Happy Thanksgiving


Image result for writing implements paper pencils public domain



No comments:

Post a Comment