Helen and Teacher

Helen and Teacher
The Story of my Life

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dedications in Books, With Love From . . .

I think one of the saddest sites I see in my hunts and haunts for books are the inscriptions inside the cover or on the fly leaf, the loving words,
"To Ellen, Love Mom and Dad," "To my Wife," " To My Friend . . " which means these were meant to be treasured in someone's private library. While it is true time robs all of us, many of these are newer books, and it is possible that the recipient is indeed alive. It makes me wonder what happened? I can't imagine everyone treasures every book as I do, but how many personally inscribed books does one get in a lifetime? It's something to ponder, and remember, as much as we may love them, it's hard to inscribe an electronic reading device.

Till next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment